Think out of the box and find out why Athens is the best travel choice for winter vacations!
Close your eyes and think of Greece. What comes to mind is picturesque islands, sandy beaches and the refreshing sea.
Yes, to most of you, Greece is a place to visit during summer and that counts for Athens as well.
But we are here to give you an alternative view.
• Because our Pareaki is made in Greece and we are Greeks and Athenians and we can come up with thousands of reasons why you should visit Athens during winter.
• Because you will experience the mildest winter conditions that you may find in Europe.
• Because you will have the convenience of doing all your sightseeing without the tourist crowds.
But mostly because you will really get a close sense of what “living in Athens” means.
As a “parea” (group of friends) we know that the best in travelling is being able to spend some memorable time with your closest ones…. That’s why we gathered up a list for you.
This is what you could do in Athens during winter.
Experience Athens with a twist:
Walk around the decorated streets. During December Athens dresses in its festive decoration. Start from Syndagma square and the centre of the city and keep wandering around the different areas of the city.
Shop at Christmas Bazaars. Between the 8th of December and the 23rd there are various bazaars, with really good bargains, taking place all over the city. Check out at www.xpatathens.com
Find out all the cosy winter places of the city.
• Stop for a glass of wine at “By the glass”
• Take pleasure from the Christmas decoration at “Noel”
• Book a brunch at “New Hotel”
• Find out the hippy bars at “Pagrati” area.
Head for the mountains. No, you don’t have to leave the city. Just take the chance to explore the hills of Kaisariani at the foot of Ymittos Mountain and content yourself with a cup of coffee in a small wooden café.